What's New on The Beckoning
Added 4 February 1997
Revised 26 January 2017
RECENT ADDITIONS/REVISIONS TO 'THE BECKONING'
- After the Flood - a poem by India Turner on my Poetry Post Page. Something I have a peaked interest in (pun intended), flooding. Added 26 January 2017.
- The Things Uncovered - a poem by India Turner on my Poetry Post Page. Fall foreboding. Added 26 January 2017.
- Leave Me in the Desert - a fairly recent poem I wrote Added 21 January 2017
- Arizona Trail hike and backpack trip reports - The latest trip report: Added 12 January 2017
- The Panther More translations of "The Panther". Revised 21 December 2016
- Blue Hydrangea A new translation of "Blue Hydrangea". Revised 2 July 2015
- Francisco de Zurbaran links page Updated links and references to Medieval artist Francisco de Zurbaran. Revised 22 August 2014
- Truchas Peaks Backpack - I accompanied my friend Steve as we tackled one of his lifelong ambitions, climbing the Truchas Peaks in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains in New Mexico. The Truchas Peaks are the second highest point in New Mexico. Added 5 February 2013
- The following hikes and backpack were part of one week-long trip, and are best read in order from top to bottom, though they can be read invidually
- Upper Buckskin Gulch Day Hike - Steve, Chuck and I had a free day before our permits kicked in, so we decided to wander around the Upper Buckskin Gulch area. Added 11 November 2012
- Coyote Buttes North Day Hike - Steve, Chuck and I hiked in to Coyote Buttes North to see The Wave and other interesting features. Added 11 November 2012
- Buckskin Gulch/Paria Canyon Backpack - Steve, Chuck and I backpacked for four days down Wire Pass, Buckskin Gulch and Paria Canyon two weeks after a large flood. Added 11 November 2012
- Coyote Buttes South Day Hike - I hiked in to the Paw Hole area of Coyote Buttes South and found some amazing geologic features. Added 11 November 2012